As a homeowner, you likely take great pride in your home. So keeping it well-maintained and looking its best is important for both your own enjoyment and for the value it holds. Ensuring your exterior painting is done properly, using high quality paint and proper Omaha exterior paint techniques, you can have long lasting results that not only enhances the appearance of your home but also protects your home from the elements.
Painting the exterior of your home can also protect it from the elements. Over time, the sun, wind, and rain can cause damage to the exterior of your home, potentially leading to costly repairs. A fresh coat of paint can not only improve the appearance of your home, but it can also protect it from further damage. When it comes to maintaining the Omaha exterior paint of your home, one of the most important things to keep in mind is the need to regularly paint, caulk, and seal your house. These tasks may seem simple and insignificant, but they play a crucial role in protecting your home from the elements, improving its curb appeal, and maintaining its overall value.
When it comes to home renovations, painting is often overlooked as a way to improve the overall look and feel of a house. However, a fresh coat of paint can do wonders for your home, both aesthetically and in terms of value. First and foremost, painting your house is a relatively inexpensive way to give your home a complete Omaha exterior paint makeover. A new paint job can transform the entire look of your home, giving it a fresh and modern appearance. Whether you’re looking to update your color scheme or simply want to freshen up the exterior of your house, painting is a cost-effective solution. You can choose from a wide variety of colors and finishes to create a unique and personalized Omaha exterior paint look for your house. This can be a great way to make your home stand out and reflect your personal style.
In addition to the aesthetic benefits, painting your house can also increase its value. A well-maintained and freshly painted house is more appealing to potential buyers, and can even increase the value of your property. This makes it a smart investment for those looking to sell their home in the future.
Painting your home can even improve its energy efficiency. A fresh coat of paint can seal gaps and cracks in your home, reducing drafts and keeping your home warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. This can lead to significant savings on your energy bills.
Generally speaking, the exterior of your home should be painted every 5-7 years. Of course, this will depend on a number of factors, such as the quality of the paint used and the location of your home. If you notice that your paint is peeling, cracking, or fading, it’s time to repaint. When you paint your home, you will first want to caulk your home. Caulking is the process of filling gaps and cracks in your home’s exterior with a flexible sealant. This is important because these gaps and cracks can allow water, air, and pests to enter your home, which can lead to serious damage. The best time to paint the exterior of your home, as well as re-caulk, is in the spring or fall, when the temperature is mild and the humidity is low. Typically, you should re-caulk, even if you are not painting your home, every 3-5 years, but you should also keep an eye out for any signs of wear or tear, such as cracking or peeling, and address them as soon as possible.
Overall, painting your house is a cost-effective and high-impact way to renovate your home. It can improve the appearance, increase the value, protect it from damage, improve energy efficiency, and personalize your home. If you’re looking for a way to update your home, painting is definitely worth considering.
Types of Paint
Different surfaces like wood, stucco or brick require different paint products, so always be mindful of the type of paint you are selecting or let one of our experienced Omaha exterior paint professionals help you decide which is best for your type of application.
- 100% Acrylic Latex Paint – this type of paint uses 100% acrylic resin as its binder. It is versatile, durable and resistant to weathering and fading. It dries to a tough, yet flexible film, that is resistant to cracking, chipping and peeling. Typically this can be used on interior and exterior surfaces like wood, metal, masonry, and stucco. It is also low in volatile organic compounds making it an environmentally friendly option.
- Oil Based Paint – or alkyd paint, uses petroleum based paint to provide a smooth, hard finish, resistant to chipping and peeling. Slow to dry, so longer working times so smooth finish. Has a strong odor and is more hazardous than water based or acrylic paint, flammable and solvents to clean up.
- Economy Grade – This is the lower tier of paint and more suitable for small projects.
- Standard Grade – This tier provides good coverage and durability and is typically a less expensive option.
- Premium Grade – This is the highest quality of paint and typically carries a limited warranty against peeling and chipping. It has better color retention and greater durability than the economy or standard grade paint.
Why to Keep up on the Exterior Paint in Short
- Protection- exterior paint acts as a barrier against the elements of rain, wind, sun to protect unlaying surface from damage
- Preservation – Regular painting of the exterior of your home helps maintain the structural integrity by preventing rot, decay, and pest infestation
- Aesthetics – A fresh coat of paint can update the appearance of your home by giving it a new look and also increase curb appeal
- Value- A well -maintained and freshly painted home can increase the value, making it more attractive to potential home buyers
When you use Full Armor for your exterior painting needs we can help provide advice about the Omaha exterior paint color selection, explain the different quality grades of paint available and we will ensure you get the best results for your home. Call us today for a free consultation and see how we can help refresh the appearance of your home!